Monday, June 22, 2009

Updates from Bangalore

After scrolling through atleast FIVE blogs today, getting scolded by my dear friends who happen to like my blog (yaiy!), and being prompted to quit calling myself a blogger, I've finally got back to blogging :)

Life has been good. I'm doing my so-called summer internship/project/research at IISc. (No, its not okay if you ask what the project is about). IISc is a great campus, trust me. For all the kgpians, here's a thought - why don't we get shifted to this campus? The grad students and Phds could anyway manage at Kharagpur, huh?

Here's a picture of the main administrative building, I like to call it the church. Doesn't it look like one? It's bigger than what it looks here from here. And there's a statue-cum-sitting joint in the front, where you can sit and watch the building in awe. Truly an experience with the wind flowing.


Beautifully captured by someone.



This is one of the walkpaths that take you the departments through the greener insider passages. Interestingly, some of these have a shed on their top so that you could take a nice walk while you avoid the sun yet not miss it completely. You're bound to feel romantic at this place!

A rare blue Verditer Flycatcher. You can also find ducks and swans in plenty around the campus.



Also, what could particularly strike some of you is - the mess FOOD isn't bad at all. And there are a couple of good restaurants and canteens around. Talking of food, those of you who have never tried typical south Indian rasam with jeera rice should not miss it the next time you get a chance! Did I tell you I'm a fan of south Indian food now?

Apart from the campus, I've found some really sweet people here. Jayanthi has been like a sister, helped me with the accommodation, mattresses, medicines and what not! And Gauri, who I met in my hostel when she was watching a movie in our TV room, cooked me maggi at 3 in the morning coz I was hungry! Thanks you guys ..
I'll post more about my 2 month long stay in Bangalore and a weekend in Mangalore soon. =)

5 comments:

Kalyan said...

awesome camera be!

swaty gupta said...

thanks!
:D


Okay, it wasn't mine.

Sumeet Trehan said...

the comment that grad students being able to continue at kgp just shows the narccist attitue of sme wrthless undergrad kgpians who are worthless but consider themselves top of the wrld..get urself in real wrld guys

Vijay said...

Internship is always fun in IISc., no work.. all they get to do is enjoy the almighty, romantic greenery and then the mess food :P

Unknown said...

JOIN THE GREAT ILLUMINATI BROTHER HOOD TODAY AND LIVE A BETTER AND HAPPY LIFE. WELCOME TO THE GREAT TEMPLE OF RICHES,FAME AND POWERS. Are you a business,Man or woman, politician, musician,pastor,lawyer,actor,actress,banker, and you. want to be rich, powerful and be famous in life. You can achieve your dreams by being a member of the Great ILLUMINATI brother hood. With this all your dreams and heart desire can be fully accomplish, if you really want to be a member of the great ILLUMINATI brother hood, Note: newly recruited members are entitled with$1,000,000.00 USD , A Golden Ring, that will protect and guild you from enemies, and a free visa to United State Of America . Please will do not share blood. Kindly email us on illuminatiofficial005@gmail.com or illuminatiofficial0088@yahoo.com